secure custody • caring environment • positive role models
Turning lives around. That’s what the Kennedy House Youth Centre is all about. This 12 bed, facility for males provides a safe, consistent, and highly structured environment for high risk youth who have been detained or sentenced under the Youth Criminal Justice Act. These youth benefit from the kind of care and positive influence our committed staff provide.
Getting these young people back on track is our highest priority. At the Kennedy House Youth Centre, we work towards ensuring they do not re-offend upon release by:
- Holding residents accountable for their actions
- Focusing on the rewards of positive decision making
- Building relationships through open, honest communication
- Regular counseling
- Positive role modeling
- Evidence-based programming*
- A state-of-the-art modern building (clean, comfortable, respectful)
- A safe environment in which to learn, grow and change
- On-site educational programming
- Fully equipped tech shop
- Computer lab
*Evidence-based programming takes the stance that good ethical practices are based on information and actions known to work. We endeavour to apply the best intervention and methods, based on proven research and current knowledge.