This program provides residential placement for youth between the ages of 12 to 17(male and female) who have been diagnosed as having an intellectual disability, are identified as being on the autism spectrum and may identify as having other possible complex needs as well. The home is located on Galloway Road in Scarborough and strives to provide an enriched environment with private bedrooms for up to five low to moderate needs youth.
Goals of the program include the following:
- To provide a safe secure home for children with complex support needs who require a medium to higher level of staffing support.
- To provide supports and supervision for children and youth who have or may struggle in other environments and who would benefit from a group home with a high staffing model.
- To work with internal and external supports in order to build individualized support plans and treatment plans when required.
- To provide an environment and team that work closely with the children, youths and their families, placement agencies and support networks that work together towards achieving the children and youths’ goals.
- To work together on challenges and obstacles in order to achieve a positive outcome.